Dr. Laurence Klotz, of the University of Toronto, is known as the father of active surveillance. But he has been involved in other advances in prostate care since the mid-1990s, including focal therapy.
- Who is the right candidate for focal?
- Should a 4+3 or higher ever consider focal (AnCan always navigates away for these guys)
- Is every 3+4 a candidate?
- What about high-volume Gleason 6 patients?
- Are all focal therapies born equal?
- If you have Gleason 4 in your gland, how can you be assured it has not micro-spread within the gland?
- Should you only get focal therapy from a Center of Excellence?
- How do you protect against providers offering focal therapy to men who are not good candidates?
- Can we clinically document lower side effects from focal?
- What is the recurrence rate for the various focal therapies? … do the HCPs discuss recurrence rates?
This free webinar occurred on August 31, 2023. Here is the recording of the recent AnCan webinar featuring Dr. Laurence Klotz entitled “Is focal therapy right for your prostate cancer?” Dr. Klotz is known as the father of active surveillance, but he has been involved in other advances in prostate care since the mid-1990s, including focal therapy.